CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 29, 2008

The past month...

I know that I said this in my post a month ago.. but we have been so busy :) So I am going to do a quick run down of the past month, so I can hopefully post about our wonderful Christmas!!

1. As almost everyone knows, Thomas travels alot for work!! Which most of the time is ok, but when we get to go along, its great!! So on december 4th Mackenzie and I packed up and headed to Florida to hang out and tag along, and hopefully get some sun!! It was a rough little trip getting there, long flight, delayed, had trouble landing, along with a welcoming comittee of ambulances and fire trucks. It was great :) but we made it. We got to the resort and it was beautiful. It was called the marriot world center, in orlando. It was so big that we had to take a shuttle to go get our car. Anyways, we had a great time, hanging out around the hotel and swimming in the pool. Daddy was really busy... ya know the typical meetings that his work has, magic kingdom, universal and the list goes on!! I wasn't jealous, just because we got to be in florida, with not a care in the world. Thomas was so busy that we packed an overnight bag up and headed north to ocala, to see my wonderful grandparents that are about 83 and my aunt and uncle and family. I also got to enjoy my 30th birthday with my grandparents which was so nice, we just hung out and had a lot of chinese food, so yummy!! you cannot find good chinese food in Texas....Here are some pictures from our vacation....





Me and Mackenzie with the best granparents in the world!!




My cousin Jenelle, My aunt Debbie and I, yes... I am one of the tallest in my family!!



Cousin Jenelle and Mackenzie playing ball.




Spending time with great grampa and grandma.





Just waking up, wondering where she is!!We went to see a Christmas parade in Ocala.




Nana and Abby




Debbie and her gang!! Gabe, Josh, Caleb and Abby



Debbie and Kenz, Nana, Grandpa, and Gabe





We went to the park because it was so nice out, This is what happens when you play with 3 boys!! So much dirt!!





Playing games.




2. Another journey this past month was going to see santa!! Mackenzie kept saying "i see santa, i see santa" so i had a little hope, not that much, that she might like it... After standing in line for over an hour, i did not care if she smiled, laughed or screamed, i was getting the picture. Of course after thomas had heart failure that i was spending 16 dollars on a horrible picture!!


This was last year, her first Christmas, 2007, she did cry though after she saw where she was!!


And this was this year, 2008.. not so great, but i am determined to get a picture every year!!



3. Mackenzie turned 21 months this month, and has become such a sweet little girl. Kenz you are the best gift ever!! I cannot imagine our lives without you. You are starting to really like jasper, giving hugs now instead of pulling tails!! You know when you have hurt feelings and say sorry all the time and I think you mean it!! You know that there is a baby sister in mommy's belly and give kisses and want to see my belly all the time!! I hope you are that sweet when baby sister comes!! You are singing happy birthday, since we have had so many birthdays lately. You are starting to learn colors and learn numbers, but are kinda stubborn when doing it!! Anyways, I love you Kenz-a-roo!!!



4. This is Mackenzie and cousin Riley, on thomas's side of the family at Thanksgiving. We had a great time with thomas's side of the family...


5. On December 22nd Mackenzie took a huge step... she went potty on the her big girl potty!! Yes i took pictures of it, but did not want to grace you with the presence of it!! :) We had just got out of the shower and she will not go potty in there!! so she will be stubborn and hold herself and say diaper. Well on this particular day, mommy was alittle more stubborn. I was not going to put a diaper on so i could turn around and change it!! So long story short she finally sat down and hesitated and then just went!! Yay.... and then got a big cookie at 830 in the morning !!! so her initial fear of going is hopefully over, we'll see if she decides to do it again in the near future!!

So proud of herself....



6. As for myself, I finished school this semester, with a strong B in Anatomy and Physiology II, which I think is great!! I was so proud of myself since I had been sick alot, it was a long drive (over an hour each way) and i was watching kids, which makes it hard to study!! I now am going to take Microbiology spring semester and have to take my pre entrance exam to apply for nursing school. I am applying to Grayson and Collin county, for nursing, respiratory and radiology. I am praying to God that he helps make it in, this is what I really want to accomplish and I feel like its been such a long road and I am almost there. I wouldnt mind if I didnt get in until spring semester, just because the new baby will be so little, but if i get in in the fall, even better, right?? I am 18 weeks along, and am finally feeling great!! I get sick a little here and there, and have the typical headaches, but nothing to really complain about. I have had alot of energy, thomas says that i am already nesting, I really hate that word, but i thinks its a great description of what i am doing!! I have another appt on January 7th to make sure that parts haven't changed, so thats about it!!! Iwill definelty try and keep up with this a little more so i dont feel like i am writing a book next time!













0 comments: