CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 9, 2010

A Quick Trip Back Home- first part

This past week I got a phone call that my nana was rushed to the hospital, because she could not breath well. My grandpa and her were up visiting family on cape cod, mass. She has been sick in the past, struggling with pneumonia and has had heart failure, which lead into her receiving a pacemaker a couple months back. Nana was in the hospital for a couple days and she wasnt doing well at all, her pneumonia was really bad, along with other issues, heart,eating and kidneys to name a few. A few months back she was really sick in florida, and we did not think she was going to make it. I passed the opportunity to go and see her, hoping and praying that I would see her one day again!! When I heard that she was not doing well this time, I knew this could be my last opportunity to see her again. I struggled all day on tuesday, looking at flights, rental cars and went back and forth with going and not going. It was not going to be cheap, no matter which way I went!! One reason I wanted to go back was to have nana meet Olivia, she was the only one in the family that she had not met yet, and I really wanted that 4 generations picture, like I had with Mackenzie!!

I dont think I have ever packed so fast..... I talked my mother into going with me, through clothes in a suitcase, literally, and was almost about to run out the door, with less than an hour till our flight took off!! I was pretty much walking out the door when i thought, what am i doing??? I turned and looked at thomas and said I have to take livie!!! so i ran in, grabbed her clothes and a couple of diapers and was out the door, in less than a half hour!! It was the biggest whirlwind ever!!

We flew into boston tuesday and landed at midnight. Drove an hour and half to the hospital, was there til about 345 am, with livie and then headed back to my cousin Brenda's house!! I have to say she was the best host ever!! We stayed up til all hours of the night chatting, after being at the hospital all day!! It was a great time catching up with family!! Here are some of the pictures from our trip.....



Olivia was super on the flight!!


Grandpa and Olivia


Me, Grandpa and Mom at our "home" for the week!!



Debbie ("my big sis") me and mom




grandpa and two of his three girls (aunt judy is not pictured)


Gramps and livie





2nd cousins, brenda and Olivia



Debbie and Vinny





Uncle Bob and Olivia

The humidity was great on her hair!! It was sooo curly!!



Dunkin Donuts!!!


A breakaway to the beach to stick our toes in. This is Nauset Beach, in Orleans, Cape Cod.

This beach brings back so many memories of us when we were younger, we "lived" here during the summer!!







Me...



Debbie





LOVE HER!!!



It was soooo cold it hurt!!!


She got soaked!!!



To be continued......















0 comments: