CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 9, 2010

The most amazing woman you would ever meet!!!

I cannot even begin to tell you how great my Nana was!! She has been the PERFECT role model for all of us in our family!! She was an amazing grandmother. She loved the Lord with all her heart and she is in heaven with him. She had been sick on and off so many times, and this last time, I just had a feeling she wasnt going to pull through. My grandfather and her had drove from florida to massachusetts, to visit family. When she was up there she was having difficulty breathing, they ended up calling for an ambulance, and being admitted to Hyannis Mass hospital, on Cape Cod. My mother, Olivia and I decided to take a flight out late tuesday night. I was hoping to get there in time to say hi to her before she was admitted to ICU. She was diagnosed with pneumonia, had heart failure, kidney problems and many other issues, that complicated everything. Unfortunately we did not make it there before they had to put her on the vent, which if you dont know, basically is a tube down your throat and your hooked up to his machine that breathes for you. The first time walking into her room and seeing her, broke my heart. I could tell she was so uncomfortable and just looked so awful!! They had her on lots of meds, to keep her semi out of it. Sporatically opening her eyes, moving her arms and even having tears roll down her cheeks at some points. It was so amazing, she was as if she was "sleeping" as you were talking to her, and then she would peep open her eyes, look at you with a glazed stare and a tear would drip down her face, it was bittersweet!! I talked to her and told her how much she meant to me. Thanked her for showing me how to be such a great mom and wife. My grandparents have been married for 66 wonderful years!! that is something to be sooo proud of :) She was a strong woman of God and lived for him everyday of her life. She would even call me in february to say Happy Rebirth day, the day that I accepted christ into my heart, now you cant get any better than that!!



We spent everyday at the hospital with her. At one point the doctors tried to take her off the vent but her body was not strong enough on her own, her labs and xrays were not getting better, and she could not fight much longer. On sunday morning, we had to leave and head back to texas, this was the hardest goodbye that I have ever had to do. I lost it.... deep down, i knew that it was goodbye for a while. I got a call sunday afternoon that they removed the vent, meaning that she was not well. They wanted to do blood transfusions on her amongst other things, and it was probably going to be to much for her. It was her time to go be with the Lord. Alot of the family was with her, singing hymns and praying for comfort and peace. I know that she is healed and running free in heaven!!! I am so blessed to have great memories to cherish for years and years to come!!!


Nana, Mackenzie, Me and Grandpa-florida 2009



Visiting the ICU, they were so great allowing us to see great nana

for the first time!! Olivia was waving and saying HI, HI, Hi!!




My favorite picture.... For obvious reasons, this was the only four generations

picture i could take. I know i will cherish it forever!!



She meant the WORLD to me....


I took this picture, reminding me of what it is to be an amazing

wife, and to stand by your husband through everything, til the day we part!!



Debbie and Nana




Mom, Grandpa and Me



Such a great picture... He never left her side!!



Nana,

I cant even begin to thank you for showing me how to live a perfect life. You were an inspiration to so many. You were an amazing mom, sister, grandma, wife, friend amongst so many others.
I will never forget all the great times we had together, trips in the RV, to and from florida, disney, baking apple pies, making your famous fudge, living with you in Gilmanton, you living with us in Loudon. You were there for so many life changing times in my life, graduations, dances, my wedding and you were here to see my children!! I am so greatful for everything you taught me and showed me. You are a legacy and I pray that I make you happy with everything I do and say!! I love you so much and I am going to miss you more than words can ever explain, but I know one day I will see you again!!
Love,
Melissa






2 comments:

Sherry said...

I am really thankful that you had the opportunity to pop up to the cape for a few days and spend time with your family. It's so hard to let someone go, but easier if you have seen them recently. I will keep you in prayer b/c it will be hard for several months. At least she left you with a wonderful legacy that you can teach and share with your girls.

melissaweyer said...

Very true!! Some days are good others not so much :) I am just so thankful for the time that i have with her and for all the things that she has taught me !!!